Cucumber-Dill Stuffed Cherry TomatoesFrom bobbijo 8 years ago
- 24 cherry tomatoes shopping list
- 1 (3-oz.) pkg.cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. mayonnaise or salad dressing shopping list
- 1/4 cup finely chopped, seeded cucumber shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped green onions shopping list
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh dill or 1/4 tsp. dried dill weed shopping list
How to make it
- Remove stems from tomatoes.
- To level bottoms of tomatoes, cut thin slice from the bottom of each.
- Starting at stem end and using small spoon or a minature melon baller, carefully hollow out each tomato, leaving 1/8-in. shell.
- Invert tomato shells onto paper towels to drain.
- In small bowl, combine cream cheese and mayonnaise; blend well.
- Stir in cucumber, onion and dill; mix well.
- Fill tomato shells with cream cheese mixture; place on servijng platter or tray.
- Cover loosely; refrigerate at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours before serving.
- Store in refrigerator.
- To fill the tomatoes easier, place the cream cheese mixture in a plastic squeeze bottle; snip off 3/4 of bottles tip with kitchen scissors and squeeze the cream mixture into the tomatoes.
- Another way is to fill a baggie with mixture, cut off a bit of the tip and pipe into tomatoes.
The Cookbobbijo Wayland, IA
- Not added to any groups yet!