Golden Sunshine Quinoa SaladFrom midgelet 8 years ago
- 2 cup quinoa shopping list
- 2 1/2 cup chicken broth -- homemade or canned low-sodium broth shopping list
- 4 scallions -- light and white green part only, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped golden raisins shopping list
- 2 tablespoon rice vinegar shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice shopping list
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest shopping list
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 1 cucumber -- peeled, halved, seeded and chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley shopping list
- salt shopping list
- Freshly ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Place the quinoa in a fine-mesh sieve and rinse under cold water until the water runs clear.
- Bring the chicken stock to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add the quinoa and return to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer the quinoa until it has
- expanded fully, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Uncover, fluff with a fork and set aside to cool.
- Place the cooled quinoa in a large bowl.
- Add the scallions, raisins, rice vinegar, orange juice and zest, olive oil, cumin, cucumber and parsley and toss to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until cold, then serve.