Shrimp and Sausage BoilFrom pleclare 7 years ago
- 1 3oz. bag shrimp or crab boil shopping list
- 3Tbs.Old Bay Seasoning shopping list
- 21/4 to 3lbs. small new potatoes shopping list
- 4 or 5 ears of corn,husked,cut in 11/2 to 3" pieces shopping list
- 1 2lb spicy smoked link sausage(kielbasa or andouille),diagonally sliced in 1' pieces shopping list
- 3-4 lbs med. to lg. unpeeled shrimp(preferably heads on) shopping list
- 3-4 lemons,halved shopping list
- snipped flat-leaf parsley shopping list
How to make it
- In 12-16 qt. pot,bring 2 gallons water to boiling. Add shrimp or crab boil and Old Bay Seasoning;reduce heat. Simmer,uncovered 10 mins.. Add potatoes ,a few at a time,allowing water to continue simmering. Simmer 7-10 mins,until nearly tender. Add corn; simmer,uncoverd,5 mins.. Add sausage and shrimp. Simmer 3-5 mins until shrimp are opaque(do not overcook) and sausager is heated through;drain.
- Transfer to a large platter. Add lemon halves and sprinkle parsley. Serve hot or within 1 hour of cooking. Great with garlic mayonnaise and cocktail sauce.