Pasta North CarolinaFrom jeffreak8nc 6 years ago
- 1 # whole wheat fettucini shopping list
- 1 32 oz can of good quality fire roasted tomatos OR 8 roma tomatoes grilled untill chared all over (be careful not to burn them) then rough chop them saving all the juice. shopping list
- 1/3 # of blackpepper bacon shopping list
- 1 med Vidallia onion (I know this seems like alot) shopping list
- 1/2 red bellpepper shopping list
- 1 T garlic shopping list
- 1 Bay Leaf shopping list
- 1 sprig rosemary shopping list
- 1 sprig oregano shopping list
- 1/2 C heavy cream shopping list
- 2 T olive oil shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- red chili flakes to taste shopping list
How to make it
- On med. high heat add the olive oil and the chopped bacon and saute untill crisp.
- Without draining the drippings add the onion and saute for 3-4 min.
- Add red bell peppers, garlic & chili flakes. Stirring occasionally for 5 min.
- Add the tomatoes, bay leaf, rosemary, oregano. Reduce heat and simmer for 30-45 min.
- While the sauce is cooking boil salted water for the pasta and cook the pasta for 12 min. and drain.
- Add cream and salt to taste. Reduce sauce if necessary. Should be a thick and creamy sauce.
- Remove the sprigs of rosemary and oregano and the bay leaf.
- You are ready to serve this. I serve it with a romain salad and good bread.
The Cookjeffreak8nc Black Mountain, NC
- Not added to any groups yet!