Schools Out Sweet Potato and Sausage SoupFrom redfish91117 6 years ago
- 1/2 pound reduced-fat smoked sausage, cut into 1/2 inch slices shopping list
- 1 medium size sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes shopping list
- 1 cup coarsely shredded cabbage shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped celery shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1 (16 oz) can no-salt-added tomatoes, undrained and chopped shopping list
- 1 (15.8 oz) can crowder peas, undrained shopping list
- 1 (14 1/4 oz) can no-salt-added beef broth shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. hot sauce shopping list
How to make it
- Combine all ingredients in a large Dutch oven; bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Cover; reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes or until sweet potato is tender, stirring occasionally.