Applesauce BiscuitsFrom chefmeow 5 years ago
- 2 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 cup shortening shopping list
- 1/3 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 1/4 cup applesauce shopping list
How to make it
- Stir together flour, baking powder, sugar, allspice, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Using a pastry blender cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Make a well in the center of dry mixture.
- In a small mixing bowl combine buttermilk and applesauce then add to dry mixture all at once.
- Using a fork stir just until moistened.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface.
- Quickly knead dough by gently folding and pressing 12 strokes or until dough is nearly smooth.
- Pat or lightly roll dough to 1/2" thickness.
- Cut dough with floured 2-1/2" biscuit cutter.
- Place biscuits 1" apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake in a 450 oven 10 minutes or until golden.
- Remove biscuits from baking sheet and serve warm.