Turkey Breast Shnitzel StyleFrom californiagrown 8 years ago
- 1/2 of a whole turkey breast shopping list
- 2 eggs, beaten shopping list
- 1/2 cup flour shopping list
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter, divided shopping list
- 1/4 cup capers shopping list
- 2 to 4 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley shopping list
- juice of 1 lemon (about 1/4 cup) shopping list
- 6 oz. orzo pasta, cooked according to package directions shopping list
How to make it
- Remove skin and bones from turkey and cut meat into thin slices. Place on a board and cover with plastic wrap; pound with a meat mallet to flatten. Coat each slice in flour, then dip in beaten egg, then coat well with bread crumbs. Cook turkey for 3 to 4 minutes on each side in 4 tablespoons butter in a large skillet, cooking in 2 batches if necessary to not crowd skillet. Set aside and keep warm. Add 3 tablespoons butter to same skillet and cook until it just begins to brown. Remove from heat and add capers and lemon juice; season to taste with salt and pepper then stir in parsley. Saute orzo in remaining tablespoon butter. Serve turkey slices over orzo and drizzle with lemon butter. Makes 4 servings.
The Cookcaliforniagrown Sacramento
- Not added to any groups yet!