Tomato Gelee CubesFrom deliathecrone 6 years ago
- 1 1/4 cups pureed tomato sauce shopping list
- 3/4 cups vegetable stock shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce shopping list
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped basil shopping list
- 1 envelope gelatin shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cold vegetable broth shopping list
- 1 ½ teaspoons whole coriander seeds shopping list
- 3 ounces fresh mozzarella shopping list
- 12 basil leaves shopping list
- sea salt shopping list
- extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Combine pureed tomato sauce with vegetable stock, Tabasco and chopped basil in a medium saucepan.
- Heat over medium heat, until warm to the touch.
- Don’t let it simmer.
- Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over cold broth and let soften, about 1 minute.
- Add gelatin mixture to tomato mixture; stir to combine.
- Grease a 7x5-inch baking dish with olive oil.
- Pour tomato mixture into pan and refrigerate, uncovered, until gelee is set, about 6 hours.
- Lightly toast coriander seeds in a small skillet over medium-low heat until fragrant and toasted; remove from heat, transfer to a cutting board and crush with the side of a chef’s knife.
- Slice gelee into 24 (1-inch) cubes.
- Cut mozzarella into 12 (1-inch) cubes.
- Sandwich cheese cubes between gelee cubes to make 12 stacks.
- Place 12 basil leaves onto 6 small appetizer plates; set stacks onto basil leaves.
- Drizzle stacks with oil and sprinkle with sea salt and crushed coriander.