Chicken And Yellow RiceFrom clewing 6 years ago
- 1 chicken cut up, or 8 thighs shopping list
- ½ chopped onion shopping list
- 1/2 chopped sweet pepper (red or green) shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed shopping list
- ½ tsp sage shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 6 cups water shopping list
- 2 tsp salt shopping list
- Sprinkle of pepper shopping list
- 3 cups rice shopping list
- 10 threads of saffron, or more if available shopping list
How to make it
- Bring the chicken, onion, sweet pepper, garlic, sage, bay leaf and salt in the water to a hard boil, then simmer for approximately 90 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the broth and set aside to cool.
- Add the rice and saffron, bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer for approximately 20 minutes, or until rice is tender.
- When chicken is cook enough to handle, pull from the bone. Throw away the skin and bones and when rice is done, return the chicken to the top of the rice. Put the lid back on and allow to heat the chicken through, about five minutes.
- Serve with sweet peas--we like to put them on top.
The Cookclewing Lawton, OK
- Not added to any groups yet!