Chicken Penne PastaFrom recipesrule 7 years ago
- 1/2 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 1/2-2 cups chopped chicken- ( I get a ready cooked deli chicken, tear off the meat, use about half for this dish and the rest for something else ) shopping list
- 1-2 cloves garlic chopped fine shopping list
- 1 tin Aylmer Accents diced tomatoes with spicy red peppers ( or sub other diced tomatoes ie rotel) with the juice. shopping list
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup half 'n half cream shopping list
- 1/2 c chopped parsley ( Italian is best, cilantro is good too, curly if desperate) shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups grated mozerella cheese shopping list
- 4 cups penne pasta shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs shopping list
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese shopping list
- butter shopping list
How to make it
- Cook pasta according to directions on package, about 7-8 minutes
- Meanwhile, saute onion in a Tbsp of olive oil til soft . Add chicken , and cook for a few minutes more before adding the garlic. Cook another 2 min and add the tin of tomatoes. Simmer on medium for 2-3 minutes til some of the liquid evaporates and then add the cream. Simmer til it thickens a bit, then remove from heat, add the parsley, and the mozerella cheese. Stir til combined.
- Drain pasta and add to the sauce in the pan or put all in a big bowl to mix.
- Spoon into a 9x13 " greased baking dish .
- Combine bread crumbs and parmesan and sprinkle over the pasta.
- Dot with little pats of butter over the crumbs.
- Bake at 400F for approx 25 minutes or until hot and topping golden .
The Cookrecipesrule Winnipeg, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!