Classic Baked BeansFrom silverqueen 7 years ago
- 4 strips thick-sliced bacon shopping list
- 1 cup onion, minced shopping list
- 2 can pinto beans, drained and rinsed (15-oz. each) shopping list
- 1 can crushed tomatoes (15-oz.) shopping list
- 1/2 cup ketchup shopping list
- 1/2 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 3 Tbsp. worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 3 Tbsp. stone ground mustard shopping list
- 2 tsp. Tabasco, or to taste shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- 2-3 sliced rye bread, buttered, pulsed in a food processor shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 400*F.
- Saute bacon in a cast iron skillet over medium heat until crisp.
- Drain on a paper towel lined plate, pour off all but 1 Tbsp. drippings.
- Sweat onions in drippings until soft, 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients (except rye bread crumbs) and bacon pieces.
- Top beans with crumbs and bake until bubbly, 20 minutes.
- Beans may also be baked in individual serving dishes.
- Divide mixture among dishes, top with crumbs and bake