Brown Bag French Apple PieFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 1-1/2 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup shortening shopping list
- 5 tablespoons ice water shopping list
- 8 cups apples peeled and sliced shopping list
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- Topping: shopping list
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 1/3 cup butter shopping list
- 1 large paper bag shopping list
- vanilla ice cream shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Combine the first measure of flour, salt and shortening.
- Using a pastry blender stir until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in water a little at a time using fork and form dough into a ball.
- Roll out pastry dough on a lightly floured board then fit into 9" pie pan fluting edges.
- Combine sugar, second measure of flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and lemon juice.
- Toss apple slices in mixture and arrange in pie crust.
- For topping combine sugar and flour then cut in butter using pastry cutter.
- Sprinkle topping over apple filling then place pie in large paper bag.
- Place paper bag on baking sheet and loosely fold open end of bag under.
- Bake for 55 minutes.
- Carefully remove pie from bag being careful of the steam.
- Serve warm with generous portions of vanilla ice cream.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!