Chicken and Mushroom KabobsFrom perlandra 4 years ago
- 1 1 /4 tsp. freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 1 tsp. dried sage shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1 clover garlic, minced shopping list
- 4 chicken breast halves, skinned and boned shopping list
- 1 tblsp. vegetable oil shopping list
- 12 large fresh, cultivated (button) mushrooms, stemmed shopping list
- 12-16 fresh sage leaves, optional shopping list
- 2 tblsp. olive oil shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. salt shopping list
How to make it
- In a small bowl stir together 1 tsp. salt, pepper, sage, thyme, cayenne pepper. and garlic. Set aside.
- Cut the chicken breasts into strips about 3 inches long and 1 inch wide. Pat them dry with absorbent paper towels and place in a large bowl. Add the vegetable oil and toss to coat the chicken strips evenly. Add the herb mixture and toss again to coat completely. Let stand for about 1 hour.
- Prepare a fire in a grill. Position the oiled grill rack sticks 4 - 6 inches above the fire. Toss the mushroom caps with the sage leaves and olive oil and the remaining 1/4 tsp. salt. Thread chicken strips onto skewers alternately with the mushroom caps and sage leaves. Arrange the skewers on the rack. Grill, turning frequently until the chicken and mushrooms are lightly browned and the chicken is cooked through. 8 - 15 minutes, depending on size of chicken breasts.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- perlandra Rapid City, SD
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookperlandra Rapid City, SD
- Not added to any groups yet!