Creamy Lemon CakeFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 1 package yellow cake mix shopping list
- 1 small package instant vanilla pudding mix shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 6 egg yolks shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups white sugar shopping list
- 1 cup butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 4 tablespoons grated lemon zest shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 then grease and flour 3 round cake layer pans.
- Combine cake mix, instant vanilla pudding, milk, vegetable oil and 3 whole eggs.
- Mix until blended then pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until cakes test done.
- Set aside to cool.
- In top half of double boiler combine yolks, sugar, butter, flour, zest and lemon juice.
- Cook stirring constantly over medium heat until mixture is thick enough to spread.
- Let cool before spreading between cooled cake layers.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- chefmeow Garland, TX
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!