Chupacabras The Italian sausage pizza dogsFrom gobo 5 years ago
- 1 pkg italian sausage (I prefer spicy) shopping list
- 1 small onion shopping list
- 2 bell peppers (1 orange/yellow, 1 red. This is for taste and show) shopping list
- 2 pinches of fennel seed shopping list
- 1 TBSP of olive oil shopping list
- 1 small can chopped olive (optional) shopping list
- 1 pkg wheat hot dog buns shopping list
- 1 jar pizza sauce shopping list
How to make it
- In a skillet, add 1/4 cup of water and set to medium.
- Slice Italian sausage skins, peel off and discard, then set sausages in pan. Brown the sausages and cook thoroughly. Set aside on covered plate when done.
- Slice bell peppers lengthwise at about 1/4 inch thickness.
- Slice onion lengthwise and slice at about 1/8 thickness.
- Add sliced bell peppers, onion, and fennel seed to the skillet with 1 TBSP of olive oil and leftover sausage grease. Saute until tender and onions are golden, not burnt.
- Add drained can of chopped olives into the mixture toward the end and stir to coat softly in oils.
- Warm hotdog buns briefly in a microwave or toast if desired and place one of the halved, cooked Italian sausages. Spoon vegetable mixture into the crevice before topping with the desired amount of pizza sauce.
- Sit back, relax, and enjoy!
People Who Like This Dish 1
- gobo Groton, CT
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookgobo Groton, CT
- Not added to any groups yet!