Lentil Onion Pumpkin SoupFrom phoen 7 years ago
How to make it
- Rinse the lentils, then bring to the boil in about one and a half cups of water. Add more water during the cooking if its running out.
- While lentils are on: finely dice the onion and throw all that in. Finely dice the pumpkin too, with the skin still on, cuz then u get all the goodness from the skin. And if you finely dice it so that atleast the skin is smaller than 1cm by 1cm, you won't get prickly chunks of skin in your soup. I promise! It's a really good way of consuming pumpkin skin if u normally avoid it cuz its prickly. Go on! Just try it!
- Yeah so then u throw all the chopped pumpkin in too.
- Then peel some garlic cloves and mince them and throw that in.
- Then grab the chunk of ginger and mince/grate some of that in too.
- Add some salt too if that's ur kinda thing.
- Simmer it into a nice soupy mess. Mine turned gloriously brown. Stir every now and then to make sure it doesn't stick. Likely that it'll need a top up of water too.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- phoen Melbourne, AU
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookphoen Melbourne, AU
- Not added to any groups yet!