Mexican Meatball SoupFrom cherylannxo 6 years ago
- 2 lb. lean ground beef shopping list
- 1/2 cups white long grain rice shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder shopping list
- 12 cups water shopping list
- 3 pkgs. Lipton Onion Soup Mix shopping list
- 4 beef bullion cubes shopping list
- 1 can tomato sauce shopping list
- 2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1 tsp. garlic powder shopping list
- 6 small potatoes, peeled, and halved shopping list
- 3 ears corn (on the cob), cut into 4 pieces shopping list
- 1/4 lb. green beans, cleaned and broken into 2" pieces shopping list
- 1 large zucchini, cut in half (lengthwise) and cut into 2" lengths shopping list
- 1 crown of broccoli, cut into bite size pieces shopping list
- 1/2 small head cabbage, cut crosswise in 1" wide strips shopping list
- small bunch cilantro, minced shopping list
How to make it
- In a large Stockpot, pour in the 12 cups of water, onion soup mix, bullion cubes, tomato sauce, second amount of salt , red pepper flakes and second amount of garlic powder. Bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine ground beef, rice, eggs, first amount of salt and garlic powder; mix well.
- Roll beef mixture into balls, about 2" in diameter.
- When the contents in the pot are boiling, carefully drop the meatballs in, one at a time. do not stir or you will break up the balls.
- Cook for 20 minutes. Add the potatoes and cook for 10 minutes more.
- Stir in the remaining vegetables and cilantro and let cook for 15 minutes more.
- Serve in large soup bowls with hot tortillas.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookcherylannxo Santa Nella, CA
The Rating4 people
i love this soup its yummy and laura i love that movie too.........i own it lol
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
SHUT UP!!! So last night I was watching Fools Rush In (matt perry & salma hyeck), one of my favorites. In it she talks about this meatball soup that's her favorite and I thought, "hmmmm, I wonder if I can find a recipe for that somewhere"...LOW AND...morelaurakaay in Oroville loved it
sounds delicous thanks bunchesmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it