Raisin Date Bran MuffinsFrom sher 6 years ago
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups unbleached flour shopping list
- 3 cups Kellogg's All bran Original cereal shopping list
- 5 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar ( 1 1/4 cups Splenda brown sugar blend) shopping list
- 3 cups natural bran shopping list
- 3 Tbsp Dark unsweetened cocoa powder shopping list
- 2 eggs plus 2 egg whites shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened applesauce shopping list
- 1/2 cup molasses shopping list
- 1 liter Fat Free buttermilk (1 1/3 cups) shopping list
- 1 cup raisins shopping list
- 1 cup Chopped small dates ( or use all dates or all raisins in Recipe ) shopping list
How to make it
- Combine in a large bowl the first 8 ingredients. Passing the soda and cocoa through a sieve to remove clumps.
- Add Desired fruit ( raisins and dates) toss to coat, breaking apart so they will distribute more evenly throughout the batter.
- In another Bowl beat eggs and egg whites until frothy.
- Add Applesauce , Molasses and the Buttermilk last beating well each addition.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients pour in the liquid stir to wet dry ingredients making sure you go deep to the bottom to moisten all
- Cover with a plastic cap ( new shower cap works well or can buy pkgs. of assorted sizes at Dollar stores etc.)
- Place in refrigerator overnight.
- Next morning preheat oven400*
- Spray muffin cups or use liners ( I use silicone liners muffins do not stick and no added fat is needed).
- Fill cups 2/3 full of batter and bake 17-20 minutes. If using stoneware or black pans reduce heat accordingly.
- Can freeze all after cooled and reheat in microwave as used.
The Cooksher New Minas, CA
The Rating2 people
well the batter turned out like dough, now what, dont make this!!notabaker in loved it