Crockpot White Bean Chicken ChiliFrom twizzler 4 years ago
- 1 lb chicken, cut up into small chunks (I like to use boneless breasts for their "easy" and lower fat content) shopping list
- 1 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1 can (or the equivalent) chicken broth shopping list
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped finely shopping list
- 2 tsp cumin seed (ground will not withstand long cooking as well) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano leaves shopping list
- 3 -15oz cans white beans (great northern or cannellini), drained and rinsed shopping list
- 1 or 2 chopped red, green or yellow bell peppers, or combination shopping list
- jalapeno chili peppers, fresh, jarred or canned, optional or 'to taste' (depending on how much heat you like!) shopping list
How to make it
- In a 4 or 6 quart Crockpot combine the chicken, onions, chicken broth, garlic, cumin and oregano.
- Let cook awhile on low (approx. 3-5 hours, depending on your schedule)
- Add drained beans.
- I top with monterey jack cheese and some homemade jalapeño cheese bread.