7-grain Cereal MuffinsFrom fluffy24 6 years ago
- 1 cup seven-grain cereal shopping list
- 1 cup dried tart red cherries shopping list
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup cooking oil shopping list
- 1-1/4 cups buttermilk shopping list
- 1 cup whole wheat flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger or 1 tablespoon crystallized ginger, finely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1 egg, slightly beaten shopping list
How to make it
- Grease 12 muffin-top cups, six 3-1/4-inch (jumbo) muffin cups, or sixteen 2-1/2-inch muffin cups. (Or, line standard muffin cups with paper bake cups.) Set aside. In a medium bowl combine seven-grain cereal, dried cherries, brown sugar, and oil. Pour buttermilk over mixture; let stand for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine whole wheat flour, baking powder, ginger, baking soda, salt, and nutmeg. Make a well in the center of dry mixture; set aside.
- Stir beaten egg into buttermilk mixture. Add buttermilk mixture all at once to dry mixture. Stir just until moistened. Fill the muffin-top cups almost full or other muffin cups three-fourths full of batter.
- Bake in a 400 degree F oven about 12 minutes for muffin-top cups, about 20 minutes for 3-1/4-inch muffins, or 15 to 18 minutes for 2-1/2-inch muffins or until golden. Cool on a wire rack 5 minutes. Remove from cups; serve immediately. Makes 12 muffin tops, six 3-1/4-inch muffins, or sixteen 2-1/2-inch muffins.
The Cookfluffy24 Cranston, RI
- Not added to any groups yet!