SLOW COOKER SAUERBRATEN BEEFFrom bestcooker 7 years ago
- 2 pounds boneless beef chuck roast, well trimmed and cut into 1-1/2 inch cubes like stew meat (see note) shopping list
- 1 cup coarsely chopped onion shopping list
- 1 cup beef broth shopping list
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar shopping list
- 3/4 cup crushed gingersnaps (about 15) shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley shopping list
- Hot, cooked, medium egg noodles shopping list
How to make it
- Spray the inside of a 3.5-quart slow cooker with no-stick cooking spray.
- Place meat, onion, beef broth, and cider vinegar in slow cooker and gently stir together. Cover and cook on LOW setting 7-9 hours. About 15 minutes before serving, stir in crushed gingersnaps and brown sugar. Cook, uncovered, 15 minutes more until mixture is bubbly and thick. Serve over hot cooked noodles. Sprinkle chopped parsley over top.
- Note: A boneless beef chuck roast cut into cubes, like beef stew meat, is more tender than the prepackaged stew meat, which is a combination of whatever cuts the butcher has left at the end of the day, so you're never quite sure what's in there. Homemade biscuits and steamed baby carrots complete this classic meal.