Strawberry Mousse ParfaitFrom fluffy24 4 years ago
- 1 1/3 cups quartered strawberries (from 6 oz) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon unflavored gelatin (from 1 envelope) shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons water shopping list
- 1/3 cup well-chilled heavy cream shopping list
- 3 butter cookies, coarsely crushed (1/4 cup) shopping list
How to make it
- Preparation: Mash 1 cup quartered strawberries with sugar and lemon juice in a bowl using a fork. Cut remaining strawberries into 1/4-inch dice and reserve.
- Sprinkle gelatin evenly over water in a very small saucepan and let stand 1 minute to soften, then warm over low heat, stirring until gelatin is dissolved. Stir gelatin mixture into mashed strawberries.
- Set bowl in a larger bowl of ice and cold water and stir frequently until a spoonful of gelatin mixture holds its shape briefly before dissolving back into mixture, about 5 minutes.
- Beat cream in another bowl with a whisk until it just holds stiff peaks. Fold 1/2 cup whipped cream into gelatin mixture, then fold in 1/4 cup diced strawberries (reserve remainder for topping).
- Spoon one third of strawberry mousse into a glass and sprinkle evenly with half of cookie crumbs, then top with half of remaining mousse and all of remaining cookie crumbs. Top with remaining mousse, whipped cream, and strawberries, then chill until set, about 30 minutes.