Quick Beef ChiliFrom coda26 7 years ago
- 1 pound lean ground beef shopping list
- 4 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chili powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried basil shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper shopping list
- 2 cans (14.5 oz.) Mexi-style stewed or diced tomatoes, with liquid shopping list
- 1 can (15 oz.) red kidney beans, rinsed and drained shopping list
- 1/2 large red onion, chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup Bueno hot chilies or other spicy green chili shopping list
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste shopping list
- 1 heaping tablespoon chopped cilantro (optional) shopping list
- Dash cayenne pepper (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- In a large nonstick skillet cook the beef, galic, and onions over medium heat until browned; drain fat. Add chili powder, cumin, basil, black pepper, oregano, and cayenne pepper (if using); stir to combine.
- Stir in kidney beans, tomatoes, tomato paste, green chili, and cilantro (if using).
- If using stewed tomatoes break them up into smaller pieces with a spoon.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat.
- Simmer, covered, for 20 minutes.
- Serve, topped with a little cheese and a dollop of light sour cream.