White Bean CrostiniFrom spaceling 7 years ago
- 1 15 oz. can white beans, rinsed and drained shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. Spanish smoked paprika shopping list
- a few sundried tomatoes, chopped fine (these are optional - I don't actually think they added that much to the final product) shopping list
- Approximately 1 tbsp. sherry vinegar shopping list
- olive oil to taste and for brushing bread slices shopping list
- 4 medium-sized slices Italian or French bread. (This is almost certainly one of the cases where it pays to get good bread.) shopping list
- 1 medium-sized tomato, chopped shopping list
- freshly-ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- In a small bowl, combine the white beans, garlic, paprika, sundried tomatoes (if using), sherry vinegar and olive oil. Taste and add more garlic, paprika, vinegar, or oil as needed.
- Coarsely mash the bean mixture with a fork.
- Heat a skilled over medium-high heat. Brush each slice of bread with olive oil on both sides, and toast in the skillet until it is lightly charred on both sides. (1 minute per side or so.)
- Top each slice with some of the bean mixture, some freshly grated pepper, and some chopped tomato. Serve immediately.
The Cookspaceling San Jose, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!