Seared Salmon with Balsamic GlazeFrom gardener61 8 years ago
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 1/4 cup orange juice shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons honey shopping list
- 1-5" sprig of rosemary shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 4 skin on salmon fillets (about 1 1/2 lbs.) shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Whisk vinegar, honey and orange juice together in a small bowl, then add rosemary.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat till smoking.
- Season salmon with salt and pepper and cook skin side up without moving till well browned about 4-5 minutes.
- Flip salmon skin side down and cook till all but the very center of it is opaque approx 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer to platter and tent with foil.
- Wipe out pan with paper towels and lower heat to medium.
- Carefully pour balsamic mixture into pan..it will splatter.
- Simmer until thick and syrupy, about 5 minutes.
- Remove rosemary sprig.
- Whisk in butter, season with salt and pepper and pour over salmon.