Pecan Crusted Honey Mustard Chicken BreastsFrom aquarius 6 years ago
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded flat until +-1cm thick shopping list
- 250ml honey mustard sauce (OR 125ml Dijon mustard & 125ml honey, combined) for marinade PLUS 50ml honey mustard sauce for serving shopping list
- 2 fresh thyme sprigs OR 5ml dried thyme shopping list
- salt and freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- lemon pepper seasoning shopping list
- 250ml Special K cereal flakes (or any other cereal flakes) shopping list
- 50g pecan nuts shopping list
How to make it
- PLEASE NOTE: I left out the 24-48 hours that the chicken should marinate in the Prep Time.
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt, pepper, lemon pepper (and dried thyme).
- Place the chicken in a shallow dish or container and pour the honey mustard sauce over the chicken. Make sure the chicken is completely covered.
- Place a sprig of thyme on each chicken breast.
- Marinate for 24 - 48 hours in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven at 190 degrees Celsius.
- Combine and finely crush/chop (or use a food processor) the Special K flakes and pecan nuts.
- Add 5 - 10ml freshly ground black pepper to the crumbs and mix.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the marinade and dip them into the crumbs mixture until completely covered.
- Place the chicken breasts on a greased oven plate or in a shallow oven dish and bake for 40 – 50 minutes until done, turning once halfway through.
- Note: If the crumbs on the bottom side of the chicken breasts get stuck on the oven plate or dish, lightly brush that side of the chicken breasts with a little honey mustard sauce and sprinkle with some more crumbs to cover the chicken.
- Heat the 50ml honey mustard sauce and pour over chicken breasts.