Asiago Cheese DipFrom buffywhitney 7 years ago
- 4 T. sun-dried tomatoes, reconstituted in hot water shopping list
- Or even better if you can find them are ready to use sun-dried tomatoes increase to 1/2 C. shopping list
- 1 C. mayonnaise shopping list
- 1 C. sour cream shopping list
- 1 C. shredded asiago cheese, plus shredded asiago cheese for garnish shopping list
- 1/2 C. green onions (cleaned, rinsed and sliced into 1/4-inch pieces) shopping list
- 1/2 C. mushrooms (cleaned and sliced into 1/4-inch pieces) shopping list
How to make it
- Combine all ingredients, except tomatoes in food processor.
- Blend well at low speed.
- Squeeze all water out of tomatoes, then julienne cut into fine strips. It is important that all water be removed from tomatoes, and they must be added last, or dip will discolor.
- Transfer to a large mixing bowl, add tomatoes and slowly mix by hand for about 1 minute. Do not over mix at this point.
- When ready to serve, heat through in microwave oven. Remove from microwave and sprinkle with Asiago cheese. Put in broiler and heat until cheese browns.
- served with crostini.
The Cookbuffywhitney Ottawa, IL
- Not added to any groups yet!