Cranberry Stuffed Turkey BreastsFrom pamela 7 years ago
- 2 turkey breasts, skinless and boneless shopping list
- 2 (8 oz) packages of sweetened, dried cranberries shopping list
- 1 (12 oz) package bread stuffing mix, herb-seasoned shopping list
- 2 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 6 leaves of lettuce shopping list
- 1 cup pecans, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup pecan halves shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare the stuffing mix according to the directions then set aside to cool. Butterfly turkey breasts open to lay flat. Put each breast in between two sheets of waxed paper, then flatten with a mallet. Spread the stuffing onto the breast (to within 1/4 inch of the edge). Add some chopped pecans and dried cranberries to each one, saving some of the cranberries. Roll up into a jellyroll style (tightly) starting with the longest end. Tuck in the ends, and tie into sections with string, (about 4 sections around the middle and one running the entire length) to secure the ends. In a large cast iron skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Brown rolls carefully, on all sides. Then place the skillet in oven, uncovered and bake for 1 hour, (or until the internal temperature is at 170 degrees F by a meat thermometer). Be careful to not let these get too dry. Allow them to set for 15 minutes before removing the string, then slice into 1/2 to 3/4 inch circles. Leaving one roll whole, slice the other for presentation. The stuffing will be spiraled into meat. Place the rolls on your prettiest platter along with a bed of curly lettuce, then garnish by adding the left over 1/2 cup pecan halves and the remaining dried cranberries.
The Cookpamela San Diego, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!