Vegetarian Red Enchilada SauceFrom mamadelbosque 7 years ago
- 2 cups broth shopping list
- 4 TBSP chili powder shopping list
- 1 tsp. ground cumin shopping list
- 2 heaping tsp. garlic powder shopping list
- 3/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon (less than 1/16 tsp.) shopping list
- 1/3 tsp. sugar shopping list
- 5 TBSP cold water shopping list
- 5 TBSP flour shopping list
How to make it
- In a 2 quart sauce pan add the chicken broth, chili powder, cumin, salt, cinnamon and sugar. Use a whisk to mix everything well. Heat to a boil, reduce heat to a low boil and cook for 3 minutes. Whisk frequently to make sure all spices dissolve.
- While the sauce is on a slow simmer/boil, add 5 tablespoons of cold water in a small bowl. With another whisk mix 1 tablespoon at a time of flour. Whisk vigorously to avoid lumps. If you have lumps here, you will definitely have lumps in your sauce.
- After 3 minutes of cooking sauce, turn the heat up to high. Very slowly, pour the flour mixture into the boiling sauce. Here you must whisk the sauce vigorously while adding the flour to avoid lumps.
- After all the flour is added, continue to whisk for one minute. You can turn the heat down to medium during this time. Just make sure the sauce is boiling.
People Who Like This Dish 2
- cmmcelro Mt Pleasant - NE Texas Between Dallas And Texarkana, TX
- mamadelbosque Carrollton, OH
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookmamadelbosque Carrollton, OH
- Not added to any groups yet!