Lentil SoupFrom mamadelbosque 7 years ago
- 2 TBSP olive oil shopping list
- 2 medium to large onions, chopped fine shopping list
- 2 stalks of celery chopped fine shopping list
- 2 cups dried lentils (found by the dried beans) shopping list
- 8 cups water shopping list
- 1 small can tomato paste shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 2 tsp oregano shopping list
- 1 large tsp of garlic chopped shopping list
- 2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1-cup abc noodles shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in a 5-quart pot and sauté onion and garlic about 3 minutes until limp. Add celery, lentils, liquid, oregano and bay leaf. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer over low heat about 1hour until lentils are just tender.
- Add salt, and noodles, cover and cook for 15 minutes if soup appears to be too dry at this time, add more water.
- You don’t have to have the noodles. Can be frozen, best to freeze without pasta. Before adding noodles take extra soup into containers and freeze.
The Cookmamadelbosque Carrollton, OH
- Not added to any groups yet!