Top Sirloin Kabobs and Avocado SauceFrom fluffy24 7 years ago
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. granulated garlic shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. granulated onion shopping list
- 1-1/2 tsp. dried oregano shopping list
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt or salt shopping list
- 3 lb. beef top sirloin steak, about 1-inch thick shopping list
- 1 medium ripe avocado, seeded, peeled and coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup seedless (English) cucumber, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1/3 cup lightly packed fresh mint leaves shopping list
- 1/4 cup dairy sour cream shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice shopping list
- 1 tsp. kosher salt or salt shopping list
- 1 tsp. ground cumin shopping list
- 1 recipe Grilled Peppers&onions (optional), (See Recipe Center) shopping list
- fresh mint leaves (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- In large bowl combine oil, granulated garlic and onion, oregano, pepper, and the 1/2 teaspoon salt; set aside. Trim fat from meat. Cut meat in 1-inch cubes. Add meat to oil mixture; toss to coat evenly. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for Avocado Sauce, in food processor combine avocado, cucumber, mint, sour cream, lime juice, 1 tablespoon water, the 1 teaspoon salt, and cumin. Cover and process until nearly smooth, stopping to scrape sides as necessary. Transfer to serving bowl.
- Thread meat on skewers, leaving 1/4 inch between pieces. For charcoal grill, place steaks on rack directly over medium coals. Cover and grill 10 to 12 minutes for medium rare (145 degrees F), turning to brown evenly. (For gas grill, preheat grill. Grill as directed above.) Serve steaks with Avocado Sauce and Grilled Peppers and Onions. Sprinkle fresh mint. Serves 6.
- Grilled Peppers and Onions: Brush whole peppers and onion slices with oil. Cover and grill directly over hot coals, 8 minutes or until tender, turning occasionally.
- Tip: Soak bamboo skewers in water for 30 minutes before using.