Beef Shank and Grape StewFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 4 pounds beef shank shopping list
- 1/3 cup flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 large white onion coarsely chopped shopping list
- 4 medium carrots diced shopping list
- 3 stalks celery diced shopping list
- 1 clove garlic minced shopping list
- 16 ounce can diced tomatoes shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dry thyme crushed shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 cups seedless grapes shopping list
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice shopping list
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Shake shanks and flour in a clean dry bag until shanks are lightly coated.
- Brown shanks in oil over medium high heat a few at a time then remove and set aside.
- Add onions, carrots, celery and garlic then cook until onion is tender.
- Return shanks to pan then add tomatoes, wine, salt, thyme and pepper.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat and cover then simmer 2 hours.
- Stir in grapes and lemon juice and cook just until grapes are heated.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!