Sweet And Sour Green BeansFrom ironic1 6 years ago
How to make it
- Cook bacon and reserve grease. Break cooked bacon into small bits and reserve for later.
- Place beans in large pot and steam for approx. 10 minutes (more or less, depending on how crisp you like your beans). Drain and set aside in a bowl.
- In same large pot, combine vinegar, sugar, bacon grease, and bacon pieces. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently to help the sugar dissolve.
- Reduce heat, carefully add beans, and mix to coat well.
- Continue to simmer on low heat for about 10 minutes.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- ironic1 Medina, OH
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookironic1 Medina, OH
- Not added to any groups yet!