Beef Turkey and Mashed Sweet Potato PieFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 1 pound lean ground beef shopping list
- 1 pound ground turkey shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 2 large white onions coarsely chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic minced shopping list
- 2 large carrots coarsely chopped shopping list
- 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 cups cooked sweet potatoes mashed shopping list
- 1/4 cup milk shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Warm a Dutch oven over moderately high heat until hot.
- Add beef and turkey then brown it stirring frequently for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and spoon meat into a sieve set over a bowl.
- Allow all fat to drain from meat for at least 10 minutes.
- In the same Dutch oven heat oil over moderately high heat.
- Add onions, garlic and carrots then sauté 10 minutes or until softened and golden brown.
- Return meats to pan then stir in tomatoes, thyme, salt and pepper then bring mixture to a boil.
- Cover and simmer stirring occasionally for 25 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 then transfer meat mixture to a rectangular baking dish and smooth out.
- Spread mashed sweet potatoes over meat and smooth surface with a spatula.
- Bake 15 minutes then serve warm with parsley sprinkled over top.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!