Chocolate Dipped Cranberry CookiesFrom fluffy24 4 years ago
- 1 cup shortening shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 cups Fresh or frozen cranberries, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1 1/3 cups semi-sweet chocolate bits, melted shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups chopped nuts shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease cookie sheets.
- Using an electric mixer, beat shortening and sugar together in a medium mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and egg; mix well.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a separate mixing bowl. Add to shortening mixture, mixing until a soft dough forms. Stir in cranberries.
- IMMEDIATELY drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheets. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer cookies to a wire rack; cool completely.
- Dip half of each cookie into melted chocolate and then in nuts. Allow chocolate to dry completely.
- Makes about 3 dozen.