Veggie BurgerFrom fluffy24 8 years ago
- 1 large onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 4 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 1 medium carrot, shredded shopping list
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chili powder shopping list
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained shopping list
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats shopping list
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard shopping list
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce shopping list
- 1 tablespoon ketchup shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 8 whole wheat hamburger buns, split shopping list
- 8 lettuce leaves shopping list
- 8 tablespoons salsa shopping list
How to make it
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, sauté onion and garlic in oil for 2 minutes. Stir in the carrot, chili powder and cumin; cook 2 minutes longer or until carrot is tender. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- In a large bowl, mash the pinto beans and black beans. Stir in the oats. Add the mustard, soy sauce, ketchup, pepper and carrot mixture; mix well. Shape into eight 3-1/2-in. patties.
- Coat a grill rack with cooking spray before starting the grill. Grill patties, covered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until heated through. Serve on buns with lettuce and salsa. Yield: 8 servings.