Braised Pork Shoulder With Salsa VerdeFrom dannyjay 6 years ago
- 3 1/2 lbs. bone-in-pork shoulder (aka pork butt) shopping list
- 1 bottle of salsa verde (yes, bottled salsa verde. you can make your own I suppose) shopping list
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 3 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 2 tsp each ground cumin seeds and coriander seeds shopping list
- 1 tsp dried oregano shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Trim excess fat from pork shoulder.
- Heat 1 tsp of olive oil in heavy cast iron dutch oven.
- Place pork in hot oil and sear each side until all sides have a nice, crisp, brown sear.
- Add onions and sweat for a minute.
- Add salsa, cumin seeds, coriander seeds, oregano and broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and cover.
- Simmer until meat is very tender and falls off the bone, about 4 hours.
- After meat is done braising, take pork out of dutch oven and place in baking pan. Heat over to 375 degrees and bake pork for 30 minutes until richly brown.
- Once brown, place in broiler for an additional 3 minutes to make outside charred and crispy!
- While pork is baking, skim salsa verde sauce of all excess fat and oil.
- Once pork is done crisping in broiler, tear pork apart with two forks and place back in salsa verde sauce.
- Add salt to taste and add cilantro and serve immediately.
- View more recipes on my blog, www.overthehillandonaroll.com
The Cookdannyjay Los Angeles, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!