Amaretto CakeFrom askksk 9 years ago
- Cake: shopping list
- vegetable oil spray shopping list
- flour shopping list
- 1 18.25 oz package plain yellow cake mix shopping list
- 1 5.1 oz package vanilla instant pudding mix shopping list
- 3/4 cup Amaretto shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 4 large eggs shopping list
- 1/4 tsp almond extract shopping list
- Glaze: shopping list
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar, sifted shopping list
- 3 1/2 tbsp Amaretto shopping list
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted shopping list
How to make it
- Place rack in center of oven and preheat to 350 degrees. Lightly mist 10 inch tube pan with vegetable oil spray and dust with flour.
- Place the cake mix, pudding mix, Amaretto, water, oil, eggs, and almond extract in a large mixing bowl. Blend with an electric mixer on low speed for 1 minute. Stop the machine and scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Increase the mixer speed to medium and beat for 2 minutes more, scraping the sides down again if needed. The batter should look thick and smooth. Pour the batter into the prepared pan, smoothing it out with the rubber spatula. Place the pan in the oven.
- Bake the cake until it is golden brown and springs back when lightly pressed with your finger, 48-52 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and place it on a wire rack to cool for 20 minutes. Run a long, sharp knife around the edge of the cake and invert it onto a rack and then again onto a serving platter so that is right side up.
- Prepare the glaze. Place the confectioners' sugar and Amaretto in a small mixing bowl and stir until well combined. Spoon the glaze over the top of the warm cake, allowing it to drizzle down the sides. Scatter the toasted almonds over the top to garnish. Allow the cake to cool completely before slicing.
- Store at room temperature for up to 4 days, 1 week in refrigerator or 6 months in freezer.
The Cookaskksk LOUISVILLE, KY
- Not added to any groups yet!