Risotto With Balsamic MushroomsFrom chefsuz 8 years ago
- 1 quart chicken or vegetable stock shopping list
- 2 cups water shopping list
- 2 lbs spinach, stems removed shopping list
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted shopping list
- a few grates fresh nutmeg shopping list
- 1 cup grated parmigiano-Reggiano, divided, plus additional for serving shopping list
- 3 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided shopping list
- 2 Tbsp butter, divided shopping list
- 1 small onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped or grated, plus 1 clove cracked shopping list
- 2 cups arborio rice shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry white wine shopping list
- salt and freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 5 large or 6 small Portabello mushroom caps, brushed clean and sliced shopping list
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar shopping list
How to make it
- Bring water and stock to a boil, then reduce heat to low to keep warm.
- While the liquids are heating up, add the spinach, toasted pine nuts, a few grates of nutmeg and a handful of Parmigiano-Reggiano to a food processor.
- Pulse a few times to get everything chopped up. Add a ladleful of the hot stock and water and about 1 Tbsp olive oil. Run the machine to puree and reserve.
- Place a large skillet with hight sides over medium high heat and add 1 Tbsp of butter and 1 turn of the pan of olive oil. Add the onions and chopped or grated garlic and saute until the onion begin to get tender, 5 minutes.
- Add the arborio rice and toast it in the pan, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes. Add the wine and cook until all the liquid is absorbed, about 1 minute. Ladle in about half of the remaining liquid and continue stirring the rice until that liquid has fully absorbed, 5 minutes. Ladle in the remaining stock and cook the risotto until most of the remaining liquid has been absorbed and the rice is al dente, about 7 minutes.
- Season the risotto with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Once the risotto is going, place another skillet over medium high heat with the remaining tablespoons of butter and olive oil. Ad the mushrooms and cracked clove of garlic into the other pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are golden brown and tender, about 10 minutes. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper, and add the balsamic. Cook about 1 minute to glaze the mushrooms then remove from heat and discard the garlic clove. Keep the mushrooms warm until the risotto is finished.
- Once the risotto and mushrooms have finished cooking, add the spinach puree and remaining 1/2 cup of Parmigiano-Reggiano to the risotto and give it a good stir. Spoon the risotto out onto a serving dish and top it with the glazed mushrooms. Sprinkle with additional Parmigiano-Reggiano.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- chefsuz Livermore, CA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookchefsuz Livermore, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!