Microwave Stuffed PeppersFrom elle55 5 years ago
- 2 large red bell peppers, halved and seeded shopping list
- 1 8-oz can stewed tomatoes including liquid shopping list
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking brown or white rice shopping list
- 2 T hot water shopping list
- 2 green onions, diced shopping list
- 1/2 cup frozen corn kernals, thawed and drained shopping list
- 1 cup kidney beans, rinsed and drained shopping list
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese (mozzerella recommended) shopping list
- 1 T grated parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- In 9-inch microwave-safe dish, arrange pepper halves. Cover with plastic wrap, poking hole for venting, or use dish with glass cover offset for venting. Microwave 4 minutes on 50% or until tender (I like mine a little crisp).
- Mix tomatoes with liquid, rice and water in a separate microwave-safe bowl; cover and microwave on High 4 minutes, or until rice has absorbed water.
- Stir onion, corn, beans, and red pepper flakes into the tomato mixture. Microwave until heated through, approx 3 minutes on High.
- Spoon mixture into prepared peppers, making the amounts as even as possible. Cover with plastic wrap with holes to vent or use glass cover,that is offset slightly to vent. Microwave 4 minutes,
- Remove cover, sprinkle with cheeses, and allow to stand 1-2 minutes before serving.
- Calories: 173 per serving.