Shredded Chicken TacosFrom singerk 8 years ago
- 8 (about 3 pounds) boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2" strips shopping list
- 1 onion, peeled quartered shopping list
- 6 cloves garlic (I'm a HUGE garlic fan, use less if you like), peeled and smashed shopping list
- 1 14 oz can tomato sauce shopping list
- 1 6 oz can tomato paste shopping list
- 1 4 oz can green chiles shopping list
- 1 package taco seasoning shopping list
- 1 tbs cumin shopping list
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1 tbs chili powder shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- Several dashes chipotle hot sauce (to taste) shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- flour or corn tortillas shopping list
- Taco toppings (guacamole, sour cream, salsa, cheese, lettuce, beans ect) shopping list
How to make it
- Combine all ingredients in a 4-5 quart crock pot and cook on low for about 8 hours.
- Remove chicken from "broth" and shred with two forks.
- Discard onion, bay leaves, and garlic cloves (if you can find them)
- Put shredded chicken back in crock pot for another 30 minutes or so- this step is optional, but I think it makes for more flavorful meat.
- Serve with taco fixings and enjoy!