American-Style EnchiladasFrom froggyzan 6 years ago
- 6 eggs, well beaten shopping list
- 3 cups milk shopping list
- 2 cups sifted flour shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 pound ground beef shopping list
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage shopping list
- 1 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 2/3 tablespoon chili powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 package (10 ounce size) frozen spinach, cooked, drained and chopped shopping list
- 1 jar (29 ounce size) meatless spaghetti sauce shopping list
- 1 can (8 ounce size) tomato sauce shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chili powder shopping list
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Combine eggs and milk in bowl. Add flour and salt; beat until smooth. Pour about 1/4 cup batter into hot greased 6 to 7 inch skillet, tilting skillet so batter covers surface. Batter can also be spread into 6 inch rounds on greased griddle. Turn pancakes when surface looks dry. Pancakes can be stacked while remaining pancakes are baked.
- Brown beef and sausage in large skillet. Pour off all but 1 Tablespoon fat. Add onion, green pepper, garlic, chili powder and salt. Simmer for 10 minutes. Add spinach; mix well. Let cool.
- Combine spaghetti sauce, tomato sauce, water and chili powder; set aside. Spoon scant 1/4 cup meat mixture across center of each pancake. Fold sides over about 1/2 inch. Starting at end closest to you, roll up each pancake.
- Place in 2 (13x9x2 inch size) baking dishes. Pour half the sauce over the rolled pancakes in each dish. Top each with half of the shredded cheese.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.