Vegan Gingerbread Bran MuffinsFrom traibhse 6 years ago
- 2 cups wheat bran shopping list
- 2 cups soy milk shopping list
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice shopping list
- 1 c molasses shopping list
- 2/3 c maple syrup shopping list
- 1/2 c canola oil shopping list
- 3 flaxseed 'eggs' shopping list
- 1.5 heaping tbsp ginger paste shopping list
- 2 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. cloves shopping list
- 1 tsp nutmeg shopping list
- 2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 2 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 3 cups wheat flour shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- Mix the soymilk and lemon juice in a small bowl and set aside for a minute or two so it has a chance to get nice and curdled.
- After the soymilk has curdled, pour it over the bran and let sit for 2-3 minutes.
- When you come back to it, the bran and soymilk should have formed a watery paste. Add in sweeteners (molasses and maple syrup), and beat thoroughly.
- Add in the flaxseed 'eggs' and oil, and mix until the oil no longer separates from the other ingredients.
- Add ginger, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, powder, soda, and salt and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Carefully mix in flour to form a medium-thick batter. DO NOT try to get the lumps out. This will make your muffins similar to chew-toys.
- Oil 1 12 cup and 1 6 cup muffin pan.
- Scoop into muffin pans (I like to use an ice-cream scoop..the spring-loaded kind), and fill as close to the top as you think you can without over-flowing.
- Fill any un-used muffin cups one-third full with water (this pevents your pans from warping) and slide into oven to bake for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out almost clean.
The Cooktraibhse Lansing, MI
- Not added to any groups yet!