Peas in Almond-Herb CreamFrom marielaf 8 years ago
- 2 cups fresh or frozen green peas shopping list
- 2 cups almond milk, divided (1-1/2 cup + 1/2 cup) shopping list
- 1 TBSP chopped fresh thyme or 1 tsp dried shopping list
- 2 TSP chopped fresh mint or 1 tsp dried shopping list
- 1 TBSP chopped fresh chives or 1 tsp dried shopping list
- 1/4 TSP celery seed shopping list
- 1/4 cup rice flour (or wheat flour if gluten is not a problem) shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Combine peas, 1-1/2 cup almond milk, and seasonings in saucepan over medium heat.
- Whisk flour and remaining milk until completely dissolved.
- When peas are just beginning to bubble, add flour mixture to pan.
- Continue stirring over medium heat until thickened.
- Adjust salt and pepper to taste and serve hot or cold.
The Cookmarielaf Kenosha, WI
- Not added to any groups yet!