Tenderloin Au PoivreFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 1 cup whipping cream shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoon flour mixed with 1-1/2 teaspoon melted butter shopping list
- 2 tablespoons demi glace shopping list
- 1/4 cup white wine shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried sage shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried basil shopping list
- 3 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper divided shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano shopping list
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard shopping list
- 2 tablespoons brined green peppercorns shopping list
- 4 tenderloin steaks shopping list
- Fresh chives chopped for garnish shopping list
- Sautéed mushrooms for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- In a heavy pot heat cream until it bubbles then set aside and keep warm.
- In another heavy pot combine roux with demi-glace, wine, sage, basil, 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper, salt, oregano and mustard.
- Bring to boil then reduce heat and cook 3 minutes.
- Stir in brined peppercorns.
- Add hot cream and mix well.
- Set aside and keep hot.
- Prepare steaks in cast-iron skillet.
- When steaks are done to your liking remove from pan and set aside to keep warm.
- Add cream sauce to pan and deglaze.
- Remove from heat and divide among 4 serving plates.
- Press remaining crushed pepper onto top of each piece of meat and set in the pool of sauce.
- Top with chives and serve with sautéed mushrooms.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!