Prime Rib RoastFrom sher 8 years ago
- 31/2 - 4 lb prime rib roast shopping list
- 1 tbsp peppercorns Royal Blend shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- 1 tsp coarse sea salt shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic shopping list
- 1 tbsp honey shopping list
- 1 tbsp olive or grape seed oil shopping list
- 1 tsp thyme shopping list
- 1 tsp rosemary shopping list
- 2 tbsp Grainy Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1/4 Nice Red Drinking wine shopping list
- 1 cup beef broth shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven 300*
- Crush all Herbs in a Mortar and Pestle or whatever
- Add oil and honey and Mustard mix together well
- Trim all but very thin layer of fat from Roast if it has any.
- Rub Mixture all over meat patting it in place to make a thick layer over the meat all around
- Transfer to a Broil Pan or Roaster with Rack. Add a little water to bottom of pan.
- Insert meat thermometer and cook until temperature reaches Desired temp.
- Transfer to plate or cutting board and tent with foil 15-20 minutes before serving. It will continue to cook a bit and allows the meat to relax
- Add 1/4 cup red wine to pan swishing around to scrape all the brown bits off the bottom of the pan from the roast.
- Add 1 cup Beef Broth simmer a few minutes adding a little more cracked pepper, Fresh Thyme, Fresh Rosemary Garlic and Sea Salt
- drizzle little Jus over Meat when serving