Watermelon and Feta SaladFrom fluffy24 5 years ago
- 1/4 cup olive oil shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves julienned (finely sliced) shopping list
- 4 teaspoons champagne vinegar shopping list
- 1/2 small chilled watermelon, preferably seedless shopping list
- 3/4 cup red seedless grapes, halved shopping list
- 3/4 cup green seedless grapes, halved shopping list
- 1 cup crumbled California feta cheese shopping list
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted shopping list
- mint sprig, for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- In large bowl whisk together oil, mint leaves and vinegar; set aside.
- With a sharp knife cut around edge of watermelon to within 1/2 inch of rind. Then cut a deep cross through the flesh, leaving rind intact and reserving for later use. Scoop out each quadrant of watermelon and cut flesh into 3/4-inch cubes.
- Place in bowl with vinaigrette, watermelon flesh, grapes and feta; toss gently. Use watermelon shell for serving and if necessary, slice off a sliver of its bottom so it sits level. Spoon watermelon mixture into shell and sprinkle with nuts. Garnish with mint sprig. Serve immediately.