Boiled Chocolate CakeFrom midgelet 8 years ago
How to make it
- If you don't have self raising flour, use plain flour with 1 heaped teaspoon of baking powder added to it.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Butter a 20cm/8" cake tin.
- Line the base with baking paper.
- Put the butter, sugar, water, cocoa and baking soda in a saucepan and bring to the boil, stirring constantly.
- It will bubble up and, be prepared to take it off the stove mmediately. after it boils
- Set aside to cool.
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl.
- Sift in a bit of the flour and then mix in some of the chocolate.
- Continue until all the flour and chocolate are incorporated.
- Blend well but don't over mix cake..
- Pour into the prepared cake tin and bake for 45 minutes or until tested done.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Ice with your favourite icing or leave un-iced.
- To make a larger cake, use 3 eggs and double remaining ingredients.