Soft and chewy peanut butter cookiesFrom nuggle 8 years ago
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt (up to 1/2 teaspoon if you particularly like savoury sweets) shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 cup (8 tablespoons/1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature shopping list
- 3/4 cup chunky peanut butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons packed golden or dark brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- sea salt, optional, for sprinkling shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Use parchment paper to line several standard baking sheets and set aside.
- In a bowl, sift together the flour, salt and baking soda. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, or with a hand mixer, cream together the butter and peanut butter until light and fluffy. Add the sugars and beat on high for three minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add the egg and vanilla, then mix on medium speed until well blended.
- Add the dry ingredients to the bowl and stir to just combine. Refrigerate the batter for 10-15 minutes to set up and chill thoroughly.
- Using a 1 1/4" ice cream scoop dish out mounds of dough onto the prepared baking sheet (alternatively, use a generous 2 tablespoons of batter for each cookie), spacing them about 2 inches apart. Dip a fork into warm water and use the tines to press the dough balls lightly; you only want to slightly flatten their shape and leave the imprint of the fork. Freshly dip the fork between pressing each cookie. Sprinkle with sea salt, if desired.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 18 minutes, rotating the sheets once during baking. Cool on pan for two minutes, then remove to a baking rack to cool completely.
The Cooknuggle Toronto, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!