Maltese Bread PuddingFrom ms_isabelle 8 years ago
- 2 large Maltese loaves (or equivalent), preferably a day or two old shopping list
- 400 g. sugar shopping list
- 350 g. margarine shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1 grated rind of one lemon shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chocolate powder shopping list
- 100g. currants or sultanas shopping list
- glazed cherries shopping list
- 500g dates cut into small pieces, some walnuts or almonds (roasted and cut into small pieces) (optional) shopping list
- one small glass brandy or rum (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Soak bread in water for two hours until soft, drain bread properly
- Add margarine and sugar. Mix well.
- Beat eggs and add to the mixture.
- Add the other ingredients.
- Put mixture in a container well greased and cook in a moderate oven for about an hour (Till top is brown and crispy).
- Serve hot with custard or cold on it's own.
The Cookms_isabelle Bidnija, MT
- Not added to any groups yet!